zondag 18 september 2011

Pancake Nightmare

everyone who knows me thinks i'm a great cook. Everyone who knows me a little bit better knows that i'm a terrible cook. Even though everything i like is Vintage and old fashioned, i'm a terrible cook and couldn't even bake a normal egg. As you saw with my 'Bunny Hops' (who turned out great, BTW.) I'm learning quick. So today when my mom was at a friends house, I decided to make pancakes, but smaller. (we call it Pannenkoeken, but I don't know what the American version is)
easy, you'd think. Well, think again. The first one came out of the pan in little pieces, but that always happens to the first one, my mom says. The second time I forgot to use butter and the third time it burned. But then the fourth one was perfect! And eventually I got better at it, an the last one was the best, I'd say. Ah well, Practice makes Perfect.
The room does smell lovely now. That's the great thing about cooking. (and your little brother hugging you saying it's delicious! )
                                                                                                  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten